The WindObserver IS system is particularly suited to offshore oil production platforms, support tankers, drilling platforms, onshore petrochemical plants and other hazardous petrochemical environments. The system provides wind speed and direction data for use in producing offshore meteorological observations in accordance with UK CAA CAP 437.
The WindObserver IS is certified as ‘Intrinsically Safe’ for use in the ‘Hazardous Area’, whilst the associated power and communications interface is located in the ‘Non Hazardous Area’.
- Reduce offshore maintenance costs
- 0-75m/s wind speed operation
- Over 10 years proven service worldwide
- Factory calibrated for life
- ATEX, IECEx & UKEX certification
- Low voltage or mains voltage power supplies
- Galvanic isolation
- Gill or NMEA digital output
- Averaging/gusts to WMO guidelines